Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy October 31st!!!

October 31st marks the 8 year anniversary of Maiko & Toby's meeting in Seattle at Safeco Field (near the team jackets in The Seattle Mariner's Team Store). We celebrate it more than our wedding anniversary every year. This year, we celebrated it by spending time with Maiko's ill grandfather, hauling tiles to the property, shopping (and eventually purchasing) bit ticket items like a refrigerator, IH heater (all electric stove top) and some light fixtures for the master bedroom. We then ended the evening with a piano concert at our soon to be neighbors house (see below picture). We dressed semi-formal and I think surprised all our neighbors that we can pretty ourselves up a little as they only see us in our grubby work clothes all the time.
After the concert was over, we walked outside to it snowing like crazy. A great day that ended with a nice present from Mother Nature. However, we do need it to melt a bit so we can finish up a few things outside and around the house build.

5 comments:

Norman Delaney said...

Congratulations!
Is that Maiko playing the piano?

b.m.t. said...

no. that's our neighbor, Mishima-san, playing her grande piano. it makes our baby grande look like a, well, baby compared to hers. ;) (wink) we are looking forward to hosting "mini concerts" in our place when it's finished, too. if you know any local musicians, send them our way!!!

Norman Delaney said...

Hey Toby!
I AM a local musician!!!
I fingerpick the acoustic guitar which is plugged into a small amp, so that people can hear it.
I even sing some Tom Petty Songs!
Click on my name in this post, and it will take you to the Acoustic Guitar Live page on my classroom's website.
You can even watch the music videos of most of my recent performances.
I'll play some music at one of your events at Square One.
I've been playing the guitar for about 40 years.
Always ready to pick and grin, and sing a song or two, or twenty two.
Let me know, when the time is right.
Norman D.

b.m.t. said...

really? maji? wow!! the snowman has many talents!! "running down a dream" is a great tune for our house build. and, of course, you should learn the lyrics and picks for "square one": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUHLKwruyy0&feature=related

we look forward to you playing in our place. the acoustics should be amazing.

Norman Delaney said...

Hi Toby
Thanks for the link to the YouTube videos for Square One.
It's the first time I have ever heard this song.
I first discovered Tom Petty in 1990 when I first came to live and work in Asahikawa. I rented two CDs at GEO and dubbed them onto cassette tapes. The two albums are Full Moon Fever and Into the Great Wide Open. I have since dubbed the cassette tapes onto MDs. I can play almost every song on those two CDs. I have just found the lyrics and chords for Square One and have added it to my Tom Petty Song Book. Thanks for introducing me to an excellent new song. By the way, and I'm just guessing here, but is this song the reason that you call your new house, SQUARE ONE???
Norman D.