Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Catching Up - Part I - Pictures

After the overnight climb on Saturday morning, I went to school for a half day before meeting Maiko for lunch at a Nepali curry restaurant for lunch. Below is our "B Set" for 850 yen that included as many piece of naan that you wanted. I was so hungry from our climb that I had 3 pieces of naan, but that blew my daily calorie limit out the window. More on that in the next post.
On Sunday, we had a community meeting in the morning and then I went to Asahikawa Swimming School to join in an swim relay event (below picture). This relay event was for 4 hours from 2~6pm and our team, "Team Dolphin", consisted of 7 swimmers who would swim 200 meters and then switch to the next swimmer. Over the course of 4 hours, I swam 200 meters 9 times. Each time was hard. Many laugh at me when I say this, but I'd much rather do the overnight climb of Asahidake before swimming 200 meters in a pool. 9 x 200?!?! Yes, it was a very....challenging day.



On Monday, I had the day off because of the "Parents Day" on Saturday. Therefore, Tim and I went to Furanodake to ski a chute we were foiled on a few weeks back because of avalanche danger. Above is a picture of us after our fast 2 hour climb to the top of the ridge. Below, you can see the chute in the middle of the picture. We skied from the rock at the top straight down to the river that is out of sight. It was very steep and a little scary. It was a good day, though, and the weather and snow cooperated nicely.



Above: Bomber and Jack just wanted to say, "meow" to you all. They are doing well. In fact, all the cats are happy and eating a lot these days as they shed their winter coats. I guess it takes a lot of energy to do that so they are hungrier because of it.

Next up. "Catching Up - Part II - Data

No comments: