Friday, April 6, 2012

DQS Explained

The DQS (Diet Quality Score) is really a very simple way to keep "score" of your daily diet. The idea is that if you eat better quality food, you won't have to eat as much and you won't be as hungry in-between the times you do eat. Below are two pictures copied from Racing Weight (these charts are in both of his books on this topic).

Click on the images to enlarge. クリックすると拡大できます

Since I've started keeping "score" of my daily diet this week, it's been easy to get the fruit, vegetable and lean protein points. The other point totals aren't impossible, but require a little more effort which is something I'll be doing over the next few weeks and months as I get into the rhythm of buying and cooking higher quality meals. Also, by using the above charts, it becomes easier to say "no" to sweets and other "low quality foods" for you lose big points when you consume them. I do like to compete in different aspects of life and, throughout all the years, my biggest rival has always been myself. In other words, this type of score system is PERFECT for me as I'll keep trying to better myself with better scores while benefiting with a lower body weight, body fat percentage and then be in better physical condition. I'm looking forward to giving this a really good trial and seeing how it goes.

No comments: